FAME Master Programme
FAME Master is an International Master Programme in Functional Advanced Materials & Engineering funded by the ERASMUS MUNDUS Programme of the European Union.
Together with developments in biology, the field of Advanced Materials is recognized a key driver of scientific and technological progress in the 21st century, according to the EMMI consortium.
The ability to design molecules and materials that replace traditional - more complex and bulky - structures and components will have profound impact on many aspects of product development and supply. Functionalized advanced materials are therefore an emerging and strategically important family of future technologies that the FAME Master consortium wants to focus on.
The seven universities of the FAME Master program offer a large variety of knowledge and a broad spectrum on research in this area, especially in Nanomaterials, Hybrids and Ceramics.
Examples of applications
- Biomedical use of multifunctional nanoparticles
- New multifunctional architectures for passive electronics
- Advanced multifunctional materials for optics, sensing and actuating
- Next generation multifunctional ceramics
- Modelling of size driven properties